The Cosmetic Export Council of South Africa (CECOSA) is a Section 21, non-profit organisation and has a Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) with the Department of Trade and Industry (the dti). CECOSA works in conjunction with the dti and South African Embassies/Economic Offices around the world. The prime objective is to create an exporting environment that will promote increased business for South African Companies and highlight our world-class cosmetic products to the global market.
CECOSA is governed by a Board of Directors responsible for the actions carried out by it’s authorised Manager. The Board composition includes business owners and key industry top management providing maturity, professional skills and efficiencies to further the business development of CECOSA.
Our primary mission is to facilitate and assist export opportunities for the South African cosmetic, toiletry, fragrance and pharmaceutical.
Our secondary mission is to promote export growth for the South African Economy by showcasing the world-class local brand owners and manufacturers.
Our key objectives are:- to strengthen industry growth within the cosmetic sector to increase export growth for our members and to encourage enterprise development of the smaller entrepreneurial manufacturer through guidance and mentoring.
Our Aim is to:
- Showcase South Africa’s cosmetic, toiletry, fragrance and pharmaceutical industry internationally
- Promote SME/BEE cosmetic exporters’ brands & South Africa’s manufacturing facilities
- Grow the number of cosmetic exporters
- Increase export revenue in line with the Department of Trade and Industry targets
- Ensure all cosmetic products manufactured, distributed and exported comply with the SA Self-Regulatory Standards and Codes of Practice as set out in the Cosmetic, Toiletry and Fragrance Association (CTFA) Cosmetic Compendium
- Set CECOSA up as the voice on all matters regarding exports
- Acquire and disseminate updated and accurate information where possible relating to:-
- Customs and Excise rates and tariffs
- Understanding of trade agreements, tariffs and non-tariff
- Variations of Regulations/Standards in different countries
- Address local issues impacting on exporting opportunities.
- Work with the Department of Trade and Industry to alleviate and maximize barriers to trade.
FACE YOUR EXPORT OPPORTUNITIES with CECOSA